Wednesday 28 October 2009

For a gardener



I'm having a really hectic time at the moment,working late,rushing out again and generally running round like a headless chicken...but I just couldn't resist the great sketch provided by the lovely Claudia for Friday Sketchers
My card is made with papers from My Minds Eye and I drew the garden images a while ago for another card and saved them.
The Xcut impress fence punch which I used left a great little cut out which I made into a garden rake by adding a cocktail stick as a handle. This was a good chance,too to use my Carl Craft grass punch on the corners of the image.I added a little raffia for texture and a couple of Woodware punch leaves.
There is a drop of Inkssentials glossy accents on the watering can to look like water,too.

5 comments:

  1. Great card Ruth, love it! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely well thought out card. perfect for a gardener. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Ruth! The little picket fence looks great and I love these papers, perfect for the gardening theme! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Ruth, especially the way you used your leftovers from the fence to create the bottom of the rake, clever you!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth