Saturday 3 October 2009

Guest DT card for Basic Grey!!!


I'm really chuffed to be joining the wonderful DT of Basic Grey Challenges as a guest designer for the month of October! That means that I'll be making 3 cards for them!!
The first follows the super sketch by Martine and I used it to make a Wedding Anniversary card for my brother to give to his wife.
I've used gorgeous pink and lime Basic Grey (!) paper teamed up with pink DP from Papermania's Blueberry Hill.
The image is "Orchid" from my own range A Passion for Stamps (found in the sidebar) and is coloured with Promarkers.I know I always use Promarkers but I really love them and the different shades you can get by shading.
I got a new Cuttlebug embossing folder and as it has hearts on it, I just had to use it for this one.
I've also used my Dovecraft heart border punch along the bottom of the computer generated sentiment and added some flat backed pearls.
The two little X's at the top are actually made with a miniature alphabet punch set which I bought ages ago in Banana Bookshop.
Well,that's one down and two to go!!
I feel like starting the next card now!!
See you soon,Ruth

10 comments:

  1. Oh such a beautiful card, Ruth! Your sister-in-law will absolutely love it, I'm sure! I just love orchids but I know if I got one it wouldn't last long! I'm terrible at growing green things,lol! Your stamps are fabulous,Ruth! I am going to go browse,smile! I am so glad to have you join us at GDT for October...welcome aboard!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner Ruth, your image is perfect and those papers are just delish...... love the embossing too! So glad you have the opportunity to play along with us hun, welcome to the BG family!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth, thanks for your lovely comments. It's really great to have you with us as teamie, and I really hope you enjoy having us all as playmates.
    Gorgeous card, such a beautiful image and so perfect with those fabulous Eva papers. Beautiful embellishments and I'm sure your S-i-l will love it.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh saw this on BG its gorgeous Ruth great colours love it.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth, thanks for your lovely comments. It's really great to have you with us as teamie, and I really hope you enjoy having us all as playmates.
    Gorgeous card, such a beautiful image and so perfect with those fabulous Eva papers. Beautiful embellishments and I'm sure your S-i-l will love it.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning...such wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruth your card this challenge is stunning, love the colours and your pretty image! Hope you had a wonderful WCMD, HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Ruth! I love the pink and green together and the orchid is lovely. The embossing looks fabulous too! :)
    LOve, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card hun, love the pretty image and all the embellishments are perfect!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth