Monday 25 March 2013

A touch of gold


I like a bit of gold with black every now and then as a change from the pretty stuff..

The big flower in the centre was made with the Carnation, Sweet William, Peony Punch and Stamp set by Tonic Studios. I cut out a big circle and glued the twisted petals around the outside then added some silicone to the centre and set the rest of the petals into that for height. The background was made with 2 Domed Window die cuts joined together and I used the 4 embossed squares (the waste from the window die) as corner accents with a black star (the sepal from the Punch and Stamp set) on top. The beautiful border came from the Scalloped Diamond Border punch.

Don't forget you can also make realistic looking flowers with the same punches when you use the stamps included in the box :)



Enjoy :)

5 comments:

  1. A very striking colour palette Ruth.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ruth. I am always amazed at how you use your dies and punches. I have no imagination, I have the window die, to me its only a window! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful.I especially like the black flower on the main card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and as always lovely flowers

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth