Thursday 7 March 2013

Carnation Joy Fold Card


Good morning. Thanks to all who have emailed and sent messages one way or another over the last few days - I really do appreciate the time taken to get in touch. It's becoming more and more obvious that there are lots of lovely crafters "out there" who are not actually bloggers themselves but who keep an eye on what's going on here and get in touch through other means. I'm always happy to hear from you :)

Today's card is another which you may have seen on Create and Craft last weekend. I made it to showcase the new Carnation, Sweet William, Peony Punch and Stamp sets by Tonic Studios. The paper on this card is my all time favourite  - Blank Canvas by First Editions (DCWV)  and I really prefer to just admire it rather than actually cut into it! Anyhow, I overcame it and not only covered the card sections but made 2 coordinating Carnations.


Of course, there are some other Tonic beauties on the card too! ....the Multi Detail Butterfly punch, Butterfly Border punch, Trellis Wall die and Dotty Border punch.

Have a lovely day!

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Ruth. I love the colours and papers. Your carnations look so realist I can almost smell them!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those carnations look so pretty in the two tones papers Ruth.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Ruth. I just bought the lace punch to-day at the SECC in Glasgow. I'm obviously lining it up wrongly as its missing the edge and the space is larger than yours in between. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, hope you got my message. You can have a look at some photos I took to explain the border punches on Blog Tonic here...http://tonicstudios.blogspot.co.uk/p/using-simplicity-border-punches.html

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, Ruth. Those flowers are stunning.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful ruth .gorgeous soft and pretty colours and your carnations look so real :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Ruth! Those carnations look real! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful carnations and a lovely card you have created with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth