Sunday 4 August 2013

Stamping Sensations



Time for another challenge at Stamping Sensations - this month's theme is "Wings and a touch of Vintage" and there is a great prize...


I don't normally do a lot of vintage type cards but I enjoyed all the inking on this so you might see more.
and I did add lots of different elements as I don't think CAS and vintage go hand in hand...
I've used one of the Birds on a Branch dies, the Birdcage and one of the little Branches dies. The border was punched with the new Celtic Knot border punch and the flowers were made with the Carnation, Sweet William, Peony Punch and Stamp set. The bunting was made with the tiny tag die from the Beautiful Butterfly Tag and Die set.
The paper is Floral Pavilion by First Edition.

Lots of dimension and texture


Tags made into banners by cutting in half and using 3D foam squares.



Lots of glitter!

See you soon :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, this is SO pretty! Love the colours. My favourite bit is the bunting! The tag & die set is on my wish list, along with the Celtic knot punch. (Just when I said I was trying not to buy new stash! Oh, well!) Will look forward to seeing more of your vintage cards!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, when I received this card on the email I was blown away, I love everything about it and as usual it has given me some inspiration for future cards when I get the time. Very best wishes Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Ruth. I love the design and the colours and details are gorgeous.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful ruth.i love the sweet bird and really pretty details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth this is beautiful love the papers you have used and the birdie is so cute. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! Love the way you've chosen matching but not matching papers, really captures the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth