Wednesday 30 April 2014

How to ink an embossing folder

As it's my turn again to post in the Papermill blog, I thought I'd carry on the theme of embossing which I started a couple of months ago. Some folk have asked about using ink with an embossing folder so I've made a post showing how I do it.
It's a great idea for adding a different texture with colour at the same time.
The card I have used is Teal, White and Bright Orange  - all from Papermill 

1. You'll need a piece of card, brayer, ink and an embossing folder.

2. Run the brayer over the ink pad several times and transfer the ink to the inside front of the folder.
(I'm not actually left - handed , I was just taking the photo with my right hand  ;)

3. Put the piece of  card inside the inked folder and pass through your diecutting/embossing machine.

4. Now you have a lovely piece of inked and embossed card to use.

5. I have made a slice of orange and a slice of lime using the top of my Tonic Studios Domed Window die, Promarkers and Glossy Accents.





4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea Ruth will put this to the test later when I make my next card. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a crafting day planned for tomorrow, guess what is on my To-Do list now, thanks for the ideas and instructions x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to see the results. I tried it once, and had more or less forgotten it. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth