Thursday 8 May 2014

We've all gone pink! Giro d'Italia fever

 It seems like everything has turned pink overnight here - I was actually relieved to open the loaf and find white bread inside!
If you didn't already know, the Giro d'Italia opening presentation is taking place at Belfast City Hall just now and the race will be heading our way on Saturday. Just as well I don't have to go into Belfast for the next couple of days and our own place has lots of road closures too. It will be lovely to see the bikes (I hope!) but, as you can see from the photos, the sky doesn't look a good colour :(

Even the "White Monk" roundabout at Whiteabbey has been painted pink..

The gates of Stormont.
Most of the shops in our area have got bicycles which have been sprayed pink in their window displays...all donated by the local council :)

1 comment:

  1. I got the header dies Ruth, so feel rather smug, except they haven't arrived yet, so I'm still a lady in waiting. Talking about that, I finally got my tool n one gadget, (ordered in February) and it works a treat clearing out any of the dies I've tried so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth