My dear mum slipped quietly home at 3.00 am this morning. She was 94 years old. My two brothers, my sister and I were privileged to have wonderful parents both now in heaven. It is 41 years since dad went home. We will miss our mum now so much and feel she left us a legacy money couldn't buy. So many wonderful memories of all our years together come flooding back. We'll miss her so much, especially her prayers for all of us. Thanks mum for everything.
Good morning :) This is another 80th birthday card I made for the same lady as the last one - so had to be quite different. The lareg background die I used is Tonic Studios' "Ornate Frame" with "Baldur Duo Cap Numerals" in the centre. I've added a Mozart's Blossom Flourish at the bottom right.
The gorgeous paper is "Pretty Posy" form Trimcraft - I treated myself to extra supplies of this pad to keep for cards like this (I'm making 2 more this week as well).
I have made an expanding pocket using Trimcraft's Foral Fusion papers and some Trimcraft/Dovecraft dies. The instructions are below so you can make one for yourself :)
You will need:
Dovecraft A4 Premium White card
Trimcraft First Edition Floral Fusion 6x6 paper pad
First Edition Dyed Textured Cardstock 12 x 12 pad
Trimcraft First Edition Nesting Bloom dies
Trimcraft First Edition Border dies
Dovecraft Layering Flower dies
Dovecraft Layering Butterfly dies
Dovecraft Flamingo die
Dovecraft Peacock die
Dovecraft Crafters glue
double sided tape
Dovecraft 3D foam squares
Dovecraft Permafix tape
2 mini magnets
Simply Creative gold gems - 3mm and 6mm
die cutting machine.
How to make it:
1. Cut a piece of white card measuring 10cm x 29.5cm. Score and fold at 14.5cm from each side.
Cut a piece of white card measuring 10cm x10.5cm. Score and fold at 5cm from each side on the 10.5cm length.
2. Attach part B on top of part A with double sided tape. Part B should be on the inside of part A and the two should meet directly below the bottom scoreline on part B.
3. Cut 2 pieces of light green card measuring 14cm x 28cm. Score and fold in concertina fashion at every 2cm along the length.
4. Glue the ends of these pieces to part A as shown, keeping the edges flush and neat.
5. Cut 2 pieces of foliage paper measuring 9.5cm x 14cm and 9.5cm x 4.5cm.
6. Glue the paper to the back and the top flap of the pocket.
7. Glue the butterfly patterned paper to the front of the pocket.
8. Die cut a 6cm diameter white flower and a 3.5cm patterned flower. Glue the patterned paper on top of the white flower and then glue the top half of this to the centre of the front flap so that the bottom half of the flower overhangs the flap.
9. Die cut 2 of the 3.5cm diameter flowers from white card. Glue a magnet in the centre, cover with permafix tape and add 3D foam squares around the outside. Repeat on second white flower shape.
10. Attach one of the shapes to the back of the large flower shape on the pocket flap.
11. Place the other flower with magnet directly on top with the tape and 3D foam squares facing upwards. The magnet will hold it in place.
12. Close the pocket flap over and press the second magnet piece into place on the pocket.
13. Die cut the layering flower and glue on top of the magnet flower. Die cut the border, trim to size and glue across the bottom of the pocket. Die cut the flamingo, glue to the bottom left of the pocket and then the butterfly at the top right. Add gems.
14. Die cut 2 borders. Trim to size and glue one to the top and the other to the bottom of the pocket. Die cut a peacock and glue in the centre. add gems.
On this card I've used one of the more floral patterns from the Floral Fusion paper pad from Trimcraft to create a card with an aperture at the bottom. I've used red card from the 12 x 12 dyed textured cardstock pad by Trimcraft to bring out the red in the patterned paper. The dies I have used are Trimcraft Nesting Doily, Sentiment, Tags and Borders along with Dovecraft Peacock and Layering Butterflies. I also used Simply Creative gold gems.
I've found my brand new favourite papers! The Floral Fusion paper pads from Trimcraft (6x6, 8x8 and 12x12) are simply stunning and packed full of gorgeous designs. The floral and bird patterns coordinate so well with many of the Trimcraft and Dovecraft dies and I'll be sharing more of these very soon :) and also have a cute little pocket card tutorial to share. You're definitely going to see a lot of Floral Fusion in my posts :)
On this easel card I've also used the Trimcraft Nesting Doily, Border and Sentiment dies with a larger butterfly cut from a 5x7 Craft a Card die. The lovely little butterflies were from the Dovecraft "Two Layering Butterfly" die set. I've used gold gems from the Simply Creative range.
I've been having a play with the lovely new Oxford Index Box die set from Tonic Studios and have made a tent card with the inner dies from the set. I cut out the aperture and also used the patterned die on the back of the card. I cut the hearts with the Traditional Heart Layering dies and added letters from the Attraction Alphabet die set. There is space on the back of the hearts to write a message.
David and I have a special anniversary coming up later this month, so this just might be an early card for that!
The new Grand Plans paper pads from Trimcraft are perfect for making cards for males and I've used them in this project to create a Father's Day card.
You will need:
Dovecraft 6 x 6 Trifold card
Trimcraft First Edition Premium Dyed Textured Cardstock (12 x 12)
Trimcraft First Edition Grand Plans paper pads (6 x 6 and 12 x 12)
Trimcraft First Edition Alphabet Bunting dies
Trimcraft First Edition Bunting dies
Trimcraft First Edition Tag dies
double sided tape
3D foam squares
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Open the trifold card and score at 5cm from each side of the centre panel. Fold both of these scorelines upwards.
2. Cut the pieces of plain card and patterned paper to the sizes shown.
3. Layer the pieces on top of each other with double sided tape and attach to the card.
4. Cut a piece of blue card measuring 8.5cm x 8.5cm and attach to a piece of white card measuring 9cm x 9cm. Glue the centre back of this to the centre of the card. Die cut the bunting from white card and the star bunting from patterned paper and glue the stars on top. Glue across the top of the blue panel. Die cut an oval tag and glue to the bottom right of the panel. Cut a cassette player from the
12 x 12 pad and glue to the left of the tag, overlapping slightly.
5. Cut 2 pieces of blue card measuring 7.25cm x 14.5cm and 2 pieces of cloud paper measuring 6.75cm x 14cm. Glue the cloud paper onto the blue card and attach to the card front with double sided tape.
6. Cut an 8.5cm square of blue card and attach to a 9cm square of white card. Glue the left side of this to the left side of the card front.
7. Die cut 3 bunting shapes from patterned paper and "Dad" from white card. Attach to the top of the panel with 3D foam squares. Cut out a T shirt and drink container from the 12 x 12 paper and attach to the card front using glue for the T shirt and 3D foam squares for the drink container.